top of page

Here to help

As a partnership of three specialist organisations, we have access to a large number of resources which may be relevant to you....

Explore our Directory below to get started:

Interested in joining the team? Have a look at our current vacancies:

Already part of the team? Access the Staff Portal here: 

Got a question? We would love to hear from you!

Contact us

  • Twitter
  • Twitter

For general enquiries, please get in touch via the following avenues:


Telephone: 01484 437 421​ or 07496 776 210

Make a referral


Fill in our Referral Form and email to

Service or referral enquiries: 07496 776 210

For self-referrals: 07817 092 434 or 07977 394 793


Our referral process is currently paused, so we are unable to respond to messages or accept referrals at this time. The only exception is for individuals who are at risk of Domestic Abuse.

We hope to be able to resume as soon as possible and thank you for your understanding in the meantime.

The KBOP team.

General enquirie


Are you part of our fantastic KBOP team? Visit our Staff Portal to access a selection of useful resources in one place.


General Government Support

The best place to find government services and information. Useful information can be found on this site such as childcare entitlements and eligibility to certain benefits etc.

Benefits Calculator

A free and anonymous benefits calculator checks what benefit support you could be entitled to. This will give you an estimate of:

  • the benefits you could receive

  • how much your benefit payments could be

  • how your benefits will be affected if you start work or increase your hours

  • how your benefits will be affected if your circumstances change - for example, if you have a child or move in with your partner

Money Buddies

Money Buddies help people to get free legal debt advice, and could halt bailiff, energy disconnection and court action.

Money Buddies could save you money on your bills, maximise your income, develop budgets, complete financial statements for creditors, negotiate with people you owe money to, help you switch utility suppliers, apply for grants such as Yorkshire Water Community Trust, Charis Grants and Discretionary Housing Payments. 

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice offer a wide range of support, such as: 

  • Benefits  

  • Debt and Money 

  • Law and courts 

  • Immigration 

  • Health 

  • Housing  


Citizens Advice can also assist with the likes of PIP forms etc. 


Call: 0808 278 7896 

Location: Huddersfield, Brook St & Dewsbury, Wakefield Old Road 

Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre

Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre provides access to justice for people in Kirklees and surrounding areas by offering a high quality social welfare advice service. It covers all levels of information, advice and litigation, and is delivered by skilled and experienced staff and volunteers. 

Location: Huddersfield & Dewsbury Contact Centres  

Christians Against Poverty

A completely free debt counselling service - Call free on the number attached. 


CAP complete home visits, effective budget planning, deal with severe debt (such as insolvency options) and will put together a CAP plan with each individual.  

Call: 0800 328 0006

Food Banks

The Welcome Centre 

The Welcome Centre provides food, toiletries and other essentials alongside a one-to-one advice, guidance and support service tailored to people's needs.

More info here

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army foodbank provision available in the local area of Batley. 


Call: 01924 443718 

Location: Batley, Bradford Road

Fusion Food Bank

Fusion food bank provision available in the local area of Dewsbury.

Packs can be collected at the Dewsbury office between 12-4pm Monday- Friday. 


Call: 01924 454770 

Location: Dewsbury, Empire House, Wakefield Road 

The Bread and Butter Thing

Joining is simple. There are no joining criteria. People interested in using TBBT’s affordable food service need to register as members and should contact TBBT by email or by text using the contact details to the right.  


For just £7.50, TBBT members’ shopping bags are filled with a minimum of £35 worth of items made up of quality nutritious food. Each week, members access three bags of produce including fresh fruit and veg, chilled goods for the fridge, as well as cupboard staples such as pasta and cereal. Families can use their NHS Healthy Start vouchers and low cost period products are also available.   



The Brunswick Centre

The Brunswick Centre offers a suite of services and projects to various communities in Calderdale and Kirklees including;


  • HIV Support

  • HIV Prevention

  • LGBTQ+ Youth Service

  • Counselling

  • Training

Call: 01484 469 691

Location: Brian Jackson House, 2 New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP

Support & Advice

Huddersfield Mission  

The Mission provide advice and support to anyone who needs it. 

Based in Huddersfield town centre for over 100 years, Huddersfield Mission help those struggling with multiple and complex needs such as homelessness, mental health, addiction and more.  

The Mission provide support, facilitate group activities and also have a café on site which provides affordable hot and cold food.


Call: 01484 421 461 

Kirklees Council Local Welfare Provision

Local Welfare Provision (LWP) scheme helps vulnerable people in short-term crisis with food and essential items. Entitlement for help is based on a person or family's circumstances at the time and is at KC discretion. 


Call: 01484 414 782  



Relapse advice, Alcohol treatment, Drug treatment, career development. Our mission is to help people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential. CHART exist to help people achieve their goals, to be the best that they can be and to help change society for the better. 



Call: 01484 353 333 


Call: 01924 438 383

Kirklees Community Plus

Community Plus work with people of all ages, providing flexible and personalised support. Their coordinators offer short-term support, which can be in your home, by telephone, a local venue or a mixture of all three. They have a coordinator in each ward locality across Kirklees – Huddersfield, Rural, Batley/Spen and Dewsbury/Mirfield. There is no charge for the Community Plus service. However, there maybe a cost to any activity or service you decide to take part in.


Are you or is someone you know sleeping rough?

If you are worried about someone who is sleeping rough in the area, you can alert Kirklees Council via their dedicated webpage.

Alternatively, you can contact KBOP via our online form, or via the enquiries options, here.


Our referral process is currently paused, so we are unable to respond to messages or accept referrals at this time. The only exception is for individuals who are at risk of Domestic Abuse.

We hope to be able to resume as soon as possible and thank you for your understanding in the meantime.

The KBOP team.

Thanks for submitting!



Are you interested in joining our fantastic team?​

Currently there are no vacancies, however we will update this page when additional roles come up.

If you have a passion for making a real difference, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us a note on our General Enquiries email.

horton 4_edited.jpg
bottom of page